A cookie is a file that is downloaded onto your computer when you access certain websites. Among other things, cookies allow a website to store and recover information on the browsing habits of a user or their device. Depending on the information contained and the manner in which the user employs their device, they may be used to recognize the user.
Cookies are essential for the proper operation of the Internet, and they provide innumerable advantages in the provision of interactive services, making browsing and using our website easier to use.
The information provided below will help you to understand the different types of cookies:
Types of cookies
According to the entity that manages them
These cookies are gathered by the website publisher themselves, in order to provide the service requested by the user.
These cookies are gathered and managed by a third party, and cannot be considered our own cookies.
According to the amount of time they remain active
These collect information for as long as the user browses the webpage, in order to provide the requested service.
These are stored in the terminal, and the information obtained will be used by the entity in charge of the cookie to provide the requested service.
According to their purpose
These are needed for correct web browsing.
These allow the user to choose certain features (e.g. language) during their browsing of the website.
These allow the provider of a service to associate browsing behaviour with a user, in order to understand their use of the webpage and to analyse statistics on the most-visited content, number of visitors, etc.
These allow the website publisher to include advertisements on their webpage that are adapted to its content.
Behavioural advertising cookies
These allow the website publisher to include advertisements on their webpage that are adapted to the information obtained on the user’s browsing habits.
According to what is established in Article 22.2 of Law 34/2002, of June 11,on Information Society Services and Electronic Commerce (LSSI-CE), DIGITAL GRAFIC IBIZA SL must inform users of the cookies used on our website:
- PHPSESSID, personalization cookie, used by the PHP encrypted language to allow the SESSION variables to be saved on the web server. This cookies is essential for the functioning of the website, in our case it saves the language of the website navigation. It is destroyed automatically when leaving the page.
- __ga, __gat, __gid, 1P_JAR, managed by third parties (google analytics), are used to collect information about the use of our website by our visitors. All information is collected anonymously and may include data such as the browser that is being used, number of pages viewed, time of stay in each of them, etc. This information helps us improve this website and its experience when visiting us. These cookies last for two years.
- NID, managed by third parties (google search) used to verify a user's account, store the most recent access to their services and user preferences.
Below, we provide links for different browsers that can be used to complete this configuration:
- For Firefox, click here: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- For Chrome, click here: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647
- For Explorer, click here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-10
- For Safari, click here:https://support.apple.com/kb/ph17191?locale=en_US
- For Opera, click here: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/#cookies